In the begining when I first started playing Lord of Utlima there werent any city planners at ALL. Can you imagine how things were back in those days? Hahaha it was like a fight fest over the noobs who had no idea how to build their cities properly. Nowadays you have quite the selection of city planners to choose from. When ascension launched a new city string layout or type had to be used to take into the new buildings and new formulas for inefficiencies. So please take note any city planner that uses a share string from pre 1.3 may not work on all of these city planners listed below.
HEXIST’S FLASH CITY PLANNER, OPTIMIZER, AND CALCULATOR
This site is nice because its not just a city planner but its also has an optimizer and full calculator so you can fine tune your city for its optmial purpose. I really like the graphic user interface for this planner which highlights each square as you rollo over it. So far this is my favorite Lord of Ultima City planner.
LOOF78’S CITY CALCULATOR
CATFUD’S FLASH CITY PLANNER
This is the original city planner or LOU and it was the first one ever developed. This city planner will always have a soft spot in my heart because of all the fond memories.
NOVA’S CITY PLANNER (FOR WINDOWS)
This is a downloadable city player for windows. Personally I dont like to download things that I know can run in a browser especially becuase I am always keeping LoU open in my browser why not just have my city planner open right next to it?
RANGUR’S CITY CREATOR
This city creator I have not personally tried because it has a complicated setup process compared to to other city planners. Anyways if you want to check it out just go here:
GULBENKIAN’S CITY INTEGRATED PLANNER, EDITOR AND KONFIGURATOR
Here are some of the features for Gulbenkian’s city planner. It is pretty robust so please check it out.
- it is a single file that does not need to be installed
- Buildings can be set to any level, and parameters will be configured accordingly
- Traps and towers are also supported — you can find out how many men fit into the towers, how many enemy units will be neutralised
- The integrated recorder allows to estimate total costs of complex operations (in terms of resources and time)
- Editing is easy thanks to context menus, drag-and-drop (just drag that hut from one tile to another) and cloning
- Import-export of ShareString 1.2 / City Planner text strings means that you can still use the old CP format in forums
- You can save the cities directly in your browser (using cookies, ain’t that cool?)
- Since it is CSS/HTML only, there is no graphics. However, if you place it in your City Planner folder, it will use some graphic files included in the City Planner
- It is mine, and I like it<—- LOL isnt he funny
Download it here: http://www.lordofultima.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=44408